August 2016 Update.
Still amateur but since the original text below was written:
- Used a D7000 with the f2.8 24-70mm – great lens but heavy
- Now using a Fuji XT-1, see blog post for more.
- Apple abandoned Aperture, which pissed me off big time, so I now use Capture One
I am an amateur photographer, building my skills and enjoying getting the most out of my camera. I use a Nikon D90 with a bunch of lenses:
- 35mm f1.8 – sharp, and great for low light
- 18-200mm f3.5 zoom, flexible, not so sharp, not good for low light but good for long distance
- Tokina 11-16mm, amazing wide angle, sharp, heavy
- Tamron 90mm macro – good for flowers and people stood far enough away
I shoot in Raw, and load into Aperture, to apply some basic adjustments, plus cropping to get the results. Some of my shots I put through Silver Efex Pro which provides lots of interesting black and white conversions.
I also own a bunch of Apple hardware and seem to find solutions to problems which I ought to share.